These squares are like a mixture of flapjacks and carrot cake. With a subtle sweetness, warming spices, crunchy walnuts and chewy raisins, they make a delicious breakfast or snack.
- 250g oats (gluten-free if required)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50g raisins
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 400ml almond milk (or other plant milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a square cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients thoroughly with the dry ingredients.
- Put into the cake tin and press down evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes until crunchy and slightly golden on top. Slice into squares once it has cooled.